The Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G LTE has a colorful screen and attractive build quality. The power key and volume bar are conveniently located on the right side, within easy reach.
Photo Credit: CNET
The back battery cover is coated with a fingerprint repelling matte-black finish. The thin back battery cover, when removed, exposes a 16GB microSD card and a LTE SIM card, which is accessible without having to deal with the phone’s 1,600mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G boasts an 8-megapixel camera which provides clear, sharp indoor shots, even under fluorescent lighting. Similarly, outside shots come out colorful and bright.
Rather large and bulky, the Galaxy S Lightray 4G has a slow processor and an old Android OS. Also, only 4 channels are available–in New York, for instance–with its Dyle TV service,those being FOX, NBC, qubo children’s programming, and Telemundo Spanish-language programing. And,the phone’s HDMI port blocks Dyle video output to compatible TV sets.
It’s powered by a somewhat archaic single-core 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor, complemented by 1.37GHz of internal memory which makes for a bit of a sluggish experience when simply flipping through the home screens and opening apps.
Taking into consideration the Galaxy S Lightray 4G’s cumbersome size, slow processor speed, dated OS and limited TV service offerings it’s probably just not worth its $460 price tag.
- First U.S. phone that tunes into free digital TV
- All-plastic construction
- Speedy hotspot capabilities within the network (Metro PCS)
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED screen
- 1GHz processor
- Access to Dyle Mobile TV’s on-the-go entertainment service
- Cost – $460
- 4G LTE
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Seven home screens to choose from . Fill with your favorite widgets and app shortcuts
- Right out of the box, it comes with icons to launch apps for the Dyle TV service
- Rhapsody Music
- M Studio ringtone and music store
- Shortcuts for the Metro PCS app store and Google Play Store
- Google’s staples – Gmail, Navigation, Talk, Play Books, and YouTube all preloaded
- Basic music and video players
- Retractile antenna
Photo Credit (Top): gsmarena.com